[Rev. 11/22/2013 9:15:56 AM--2013]
[NAC-460 Revised Date: 10-86]
460.030 Identifying data.
460.040 Blood banks: Restrictions on use of blood.
1. “Communicable Disease Section” means the authorized representatives of the Health Division of the Department of Health and Human Services who are responsible for controlling contagious diseases.
2. “Viral hepatitis” means hepatitis A and hepatitis B.
[Bd. of Health, Hepatitis Reg. §§ 1.0-1.2, eff. 12-3-75]
NAC 460.020 Severability. If any of the provisions of this chapter or any application thereof to any person, thing or circumstance is held invalid, it is intended that such invalidity not affect the remaining provisions, or their application, that can be given effect without the invalid provision or application.
[Bd. of Health, Hepatitis Reg. § 6.0, eff. 12-3-75]
1. The communicable disease section is responsible for the maintenance of data concerning persons identified as having viral hepatitis.
2. A diagnosis must be made by the attending physician and reported in a confidential case report given either directly to the communicable disease section or to the local health authority if the diagnosis is made within his jurisdiction.
3. The report must include the name, address, date of birth and social security number of the person with viral hepatitis and any relevant clinical data. Reports must be mailed to the office of each blood bank at the end of the month.
[Bd. of Health, Hepatitis Reg. §§ 2.0 & 2.1, eff. 12-3-75]
1. Draw blood from any donor whose name is transmitted pursuant to NAC 460.030.
2. Knowingly utilize whole blood or any product made from blood contaminated by viral hepatitis.
[Bd. of Health, Hepatitis Reg. §§ 3.0 & 4.0, eff. 12-3-75]